The City of Grapevine Department of Information Technology provides for the sustained, efficient, and effective delivery of IT services, infrastructure, and telecommunications to enhance service delivery to the City's residents, businesses, employees, and visitors.
As the City’s technology leader we are responsible for maintaining the core IT infrastructure and systems that touch every aspect of city life—from public safety to human services, and education to economic development—crossing the full spectrum of governmental operations. It is the mission of Our Department to:
- Enhance and Improve Services to offer more advanced and timely technology implementations and streamline processes.
- Work to Expand Strategic Role with Other Federal, State, and Local Agencies to be more aligned with their needs.
- Invest in Human Capital to cultivate and diversify the City of Grapevine’s talent resources to best deliver IT services.
- Provide Robust Infrastructure to protect the City’s technology, telecommunications, and information assets and maintain service operations.
- Optimize Citywide Technology Administration to improve IT procurement options and vendor accountability and save the City cost and time.
- Facilitate Greater Access to Technology to engage all Citizens and expand broadband to under served communities.
Project Management Office (PMO)
The City of Grapevine Information Technology Department utilizes a project management methodology to deliver on the projects and priorities of all departments and our elected officials. Standards and architectures are reviewed and approved through an Information Technology Steering Committee known as the GTG (Grapevine Technology Group), which includes representation from all City departments.
Grapevine Technology Group (GTG)
The Grapevine Technology Group (GTG) oversees the City's Information Technology projects and investments. The Chief Technology Officer serves as a primary adviser to the Committee which is made up of City Department Heads and the City Manager’s Office. This oversight includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing proposals for significant IT infrastructure investments in the City with a goal of achieving standardization and economies of scale.
- Reviewing proposals for significant IT systems projects in the City, including project plans, goals, and impacts.
- Oversight of significant ongoing IT systems and infrastructure projects.
- Reviewing significant initiatives related to IT services in the City, such as consolidation proposals.
The City of Grapevine Information Technology Department delivers foundational information technology, infrastructure, and telecommunications services and enables access to technology for City residents, businesses, and visitors. The City of Grapevine Information Technology Department Strategic Plan outlines City of Grapevine Information Technology Department’s approach to advancing these services and improving how City government leverages technology to be more responsive, accessible, and efficient.
The plan articulates the agency’s top goals and initiatives as informed by City of Grapevine Information Technology Department staff and customers. The plan is developed around the Departmental mission to ensure that City of Grapevine Information Technology Department continues to prioritize high standards of quality across its services and across the agency:
The City of Grapevine Information Technology Department is committed to excellence in technology service delivery.