What about an emergency, such as a gas main cut?
Work must cease immediately when emergency situations arise. During normal business hours, call the Public Works/Engineering Department (817.410.3135) to advise that you will proceed with emergency repairs. Weekends and hours other than normal business hours, call the City of Grapevine Police Department non-emergency number (817.410.8127) to apprise them of the situation. Follow through with a complete permit application within 24 hours or the first business day following the discovery of the emergency situation.

Show All Answers

1. When do we have to pull a permit?
2. How can I find out if a road is a City right-of-way?
3. How do I get ‘as-built’ information along my project?
4. Is an application required? How about plans?
5. What size should the plans be and what information should appear on them?
6. Are there any fees for processing right-of-way permits?
7. How long does it take to process an application and receive a permit?
8. Is there a standard location that is required for various utilities to occupy in the right-of-way?
9. Are utility locates required?
10. Are there any conditions where work will be stopped?
11. Are there any City of Grapevine holidays or days in which no work will be done?
12. How do we cross under existing pavement with our utility installation?
13. May we cut the pavement?
14. May I fax my application and plans?
15. May I submit my application via the internet?
16. What about an emergency, such as a gas main cut?
17. Is a final inspection required?
18. Who do I call if I have additional questions?