Are utility locates required?
Yes. All Dig-Tess (1-800-dig-tess) locates must be completed prior to beginning work.

In the project area, all wastewater, water, drainage, and City owned telecom facilities are to be ‘potholed’ at 100’ intervals, and at each crossing. Each service or lateral is to be uncovered at each crossing. Paint spotting is provided by the City of Grapevine. Potholing equipment, i.e. vac trucks, and repair is to be provided by the Contractor.

In the event a line cannot be identified by ordinary means in a timely manner, the City of Grapevine will identify said line at no charge to the contractor, but the repairs are at the expense of the Contractor.

Show All Answers

1. When do we have to pull a permit?
2. How can I find out if a road is a City right-of-way?
3. How do I get ‘as-built’ information along my project?
4. Is an application required? How about plans?
5. What size should the plans be and what information should appear on them?
6. Are there any fees for processing right-of-way permits?
7. How long does it take to process an application and receive a permit?
8. Is there a standard location that is required for various utilities to occupy in the right-of-way?
9. Are utility locates required?
10. Are there any conditions where work will be stopped?
11. Are there any City of Grapevine holidays or days in which no work will be done?
12. How do we cross under existing pavement with our utility installation?
13. May we cut the pavement?
14. May I fax my application and plans?
15. May I submit my application via the internet?
16. What about an emergency, such as a gas main cut?
17. Is a final inspection required?
18. Who do I call if I have additional questions?