Is an application required? How about plans?

Yes on both counts. Right of Way Permit Application(8.5 x 14)or the Right of Way Permit Extension (8.5 x 11).

Please print each in their native PDF size. Forms may also be obtained via download from this site or through: 

Grapevine Public Works/Engineering,

City Hall,  First Floor

200 S. Main St.

Grapevine, TX 76051


The application and three sets of plans, including three copies of the approved TxDOT permit, if applicable, are required to be submitted with the permit application. Prior to the execution of the permit, the applicant's contractor is to have current insurance on file with the City of Grapevine Public Works/Engineering Department, with the City listed as an additional insured. Required insurance minimums are found at the end of the governing ordinance: Article IV: Management of Public Rights-of-Way

Show All Answers

1. When do we have to pull a permit?
2. How can I find out if a road is a City right-of-way?
3. How do I get ‘as-built’ information along my project?
4. Is an application required? How about plans?
5. What size should the plans be and what information should appear on them?
6. Are there any fees for processing right-of-way permits?
7. How long does it take to process an application and receive a permit?
8. Is there a standard location that is required for various utilities to occupy in the right-of-way?
9. Are utility locates required?
10. Are there any conditions where work will be stopped?
11. Are there any City of Grapevine holidays or days in which no work will be done?
12. How do we cross under existing pavement with our utility installation?
13. May we cut the pavement?
14. May I fax my application and plans?
15. May I submit my application via the internet?
16. What about an emergency, such as a gas main cut?
17. Is a final inspection required?
18. Who do I call if I have additional questions?