Does the City perform energy code inspections?

Energy codes are adopted by the State of Texas. It is the responsibility of the owner/architect/project manager to secure the services of a State licensed energy code inspector to review/inspect for energy code compliance. The City will require verification of compliance with State law to be submitted. As a courtesy, the City can provide a list of inspectors who perform this service.

Mailing Address: State Energy Conservation Office, 111 East 17th Street, #1114, Austin, Texas 78701 Telephone: 512-463-1931 FAX: 512-475-2569

State Energy Conservation Office

Show All Answers

1. What is my property zoned?
2. What uses does the zoning allow on my property?
3. What is a definition of high grass and weeds?
4. What is the definition of a junk vehicle?
5. Where can I park my boat / rv / trailer?
6. Can I place "House For Sale" signs on property other than my own?
7. What codes does the City enforce?
8. Is a permit required for a water heater replacement?
9. Is a permit required for a storage building?
10. Is a permit required for sidewalks, driveways, retaining walls and non-covered patios?
11. Does the City enforce ADA and / or State of Texas handicapped accessibility requirements?
12. Does the City perform energy code inspections?
13. What is the turn around time for building permits?
14. Are residential foundations required to be prepared by a Registered Engineer?
15. What work is exempt from permits?
16. Can I run a business from my home?
17. Can I sell items by the roadside?
18. Do I need a permit for a tent?
19. Can I have urban chickens?
20. Can I remove a tree?