When do we have to pull a permit?

Any time you propose to work in the City of Grapevine rights-of-way, public easements, or other City of Grapevine owned property, a permit is required. Article IV: Management of Public Rights-of-Way of the City of Grapevine Code of Ordinances provides that a permit shall be obtained for installation, inspection or repair of utilities within the City right-of-way and public easements before construction begins.

The City of Grapevine has public utilities within the TXDOT rights-of-way, and therefore a City permit, in addition to the TXDOT permit, will be required for any proposed facilities which are to parallel or cross them.

Show All Answers

1. When do we have to pull a permit?
2. How can I find out if a road is a City right-of-way?
3. How do I get ‘as-built’ information along my project?
4. Is an application required? How about plans?
5. What size should the plans be and what information should appear on them?
6. Are there any fees for processing right-of-way permits?
7. How long does it take to process an application and receive a permit?
8. Is there a standard location that is required for various utilities to occupy in the right-of-way?
9. Are utility locates required?
10. Are there any conditions where work will be stopped?
11. Are there any City of Grapevine holidays or days in which no work will be done?
12. How do we cross under existing pavement with our utility installation?
13. May we cut the pavement?
14. May I fax my application and plans?
15. May I submit my application via the internet?
16. What about an emergency, such as a gas main cut?
17. Is a final inspection required?
18. Who do I call if I have additional questions?