At this time, the library is operating as follows:
- Outdoor book drops are open and available 24/7.
- Drive-thru is open during our regular operating hours. Please wait until you are notified to come to the drive-thru. This is the preferred point of contact during this time.
- Indoor book drop will be open during our regular hours.
- Create It and Children’s areas are closed to foot traffic.
- There will be no in-person story times, programs or meetings at the Library to help discourage congregating and to facilitate social and physical distancing.
- The front desk area is open and staff can pull requested items from the shelves for all customers.
- Access to the adult circulating collection and Reference Desk is controlled, but allowed for adults that wish to browse and self-select items.
- Self-checks are available. We ask that customers pay close attention to signage and floor guides so that social distancing is maintained.
- Self-serve fax and copy services are available.
- Internet computers and printers are undergoing system maintenance and improvements, but we will announce when they become available. Once available the number of computers will be limited so that appropriate social distancing can occur. The Library’s WiFi signal can reach the Library’s parking lot, so if you have a device, you should be able to use the WiFi from there.
- Program rooms and study rooms are all closed.
- Seating and tables have been temporarily removed to facilitate safety measures.
The City of Grapevine and its Library are committed to providing great service while also making sure that we follow the State’s requirements as well as our own requirements and safety measures for the public and for staff. Like all businesses, we may need to make adjustments during this process and will keep you informed of changes. We truly appreciate your patience.
Ruth Chiego, Director
Grapevine Public Library