Neighborhood Watch Program
What is it?
Neighborhood Watch is one of the most effective and least costly ways to prevent crime and reduce fear. It forges bonds among the residents and improves relations between police and the community. Neighborhood Watch can help reduce burglaries, robberies, and quality of life issues in your area.
How does it work?
Anyone can join Neighborhood Watch. All you need are a few concerned residents. You will learn how to make your homes more secure, watch out for each other and your neighborhood, and report activities that appear to be suspicious to the police department.
The Neighborhood Watch can consist of a block, multiple blocks, apartment complex, public housing, or a business area (Business Watch). These watch groups are the extra eyes and ears that help protect the neighborhood from crime. It will help build pride and serves as an avenue for efforts that address community concerns such as recreation for youth, affordable housing, and quality of life issues.
How Would My Neighbors and I Benefit From A Watch Group?
- Neighbors get to know each other
- Provides a direct contact with the Police Department
- Promote awareness of crime and your safety
- Access to crime statistics
- Community Watch signs deter criminals
- Sends a warning to criminals that they will be seen
- Increases reporting of crime and suspicious activities
- Police receive information about the neighborhood
How Do I Form A Neighborhood Watch?To begin the process of mitigating crime in your community as a Neighborhood Watch Coordinator or Participant register here.
Should you have a questions or concerns please direct them to Senior Officer Dale Roath at 817.421.2192 or email email@example.com